Thursday, April 30, 2020

Postcards for Seniors

So the weather gets nice and I do some yard work then can't walk for two weeks.  The back is getting better slowly but again no painting, however my art center is collecting handmade postcards for a senior care center so I had to try and make some.  I've been working on these little mixed media cards the last couple of days, they are small: 4x4 inches and 4x6 inches.  Thought I would share and maybe give you some ideas of your own.  Mixed media is the best fun as I've said before, they are so freeing.  I used acrylics, oil pastels, collage, black pen and stencils to create these.  I also used some geli plate backgrounds I made for a mixed media class a while ago.  I keep every scrap of paper, experiments, old mail envelopes, etc. to use in mixed media pieces but really paper doesn't take up that much room.  It's so much fun to sit and put these together.  The phrases are printed out on my computer and some have painted washes on them.



2 comments:

  1. These are just fabulous! They will sure brighten the seniors day. So sorry about your back. : - (

    ReplyDelete