Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Our House Final


I worked and worked on the large window with the figures and I'm pleased with how it looks.  My friend Jacque gave me the idea of adding some greens at the bottom of the window which I love, thank you Jacque.  I just learned something new, the art created during this pandemic is being called Isolation Art.  I'm part of a new movement but at a high cost.

For comparison here are some photos from the beginning of the project.  Below is the stenciled and stamped background before adding the images and the paste up plan.  If you are new to my blog, I've been posting updates from the beginning of this project showing the process step by step.

For your info: I'm the little girl in the big window, my Mom is the foreground little girl and my Dad is holding the puppy. My husbands grandparents are the older adults.





On a non art note, I've never been so excited about getting groceries as I was today!  I used Instacart for a store near us which worked great and they delivered.  We are trying to stay home, taking care of everything via the internet.  Its' amazing the little things you take for granted until they are gone.  Hmm just like that song "You don't know what you've got til it's gone", well maybe there's another future project brewing.

Peace everyone and continue to stay safe.  Thank you to all those continuing to work and provide services, praying for your safety.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

4 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely! Very nicely done. I can’t wait to see your next painting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacque, I’m not that happy with the cats so may have some changes there. Thanks for following the project.

      Delete
  2. Turned out Great, Love it! I like that you used Mom & Dad as children in there. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sis! I can’t resist those old family photos.

    ReplyDelete