Thursday, April 2, 2020

Our House Update #6

The project is moving along, I put in a good day of painting today and finished the middle house.  I also realized I made a composition blunder by putting that house almost dead center.  It should have been off centered a bit, funny I didn't notice that in the planning stage.  My focus at that stage was to keep the tower house from being covered up.  Oh well hopefully the other design elements will keep the eye moving through the composition.  And rules were always meant to be broken, artists break them all the time.

I'm having a lot of fun working with negative spaces and looking to see what background can be left that works with the images.  For those not familiar with negative space, it's simply the space around the subject matter or images.  If you notice the vest on the figure was left the background textures and paint as are some of the fences (so the space between fence posts are negative spaces).  I hope to keep them but you never know what mood will hit me.


Our house is a very very fine house and I'm thankful to be in it staying safe through this pandemic.  Be positive, count your blessings every day.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright 

2 comments: