Friday, June 25, 2021

Yard Art

 

Click Here For More Information:  6x9 inches, watercolor

Yesterday I painted with my plein air group, painting on location at a friends house using my watercolors.  I haven't played with watercolors for probably two years so it was nice getting them out.  The negative spaces of this white painted bike against the green foliage inspired me.  I love negative space, which is the space around the subject matter, it can also include spaces within like the space within the wheels.  Lots of my plein air experiences don't turn out but I feel good about this little painting.

Paintings are sold unframed.  This painting could be cropped to a standard size of 6x8 inches and with a two inch mat would fit an 8x10 frame.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright  

No comments:

Post a Comment