Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Sunflower Elephant Walk

 


Click Here For More Information:  $250, 9x12 inches, acrylic on linen panel

These were Mothers Day sunflowers I received from my daughter and her husband.  There were 15 sunflowers in all and they were too wonderful not to paint.  They were painted from life not a photo, I'm just late posting them.  Maybe I went a little crazy with the stripes but it makes the sunflowers vibrate (and I love stripes).  The elephant is a little bit of added whimsy. 

I'm taking some time to garden and do some experimental painting with inspiration from artist Karen Knutson.  I will probably add some mixed media into the process and see where it takes me.  

Enjoy your summer!  My crabapple trees were beautiful this spring, now the lilacs are blooming and soon the peonies which are heavy with buds.  The air is alive with bird songs and my toes are finally free to wiggle in the warm weather.  Ah summer!  

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright  

No comments:

Post a Comment