Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Peace Among Thorns

 


I've been trying some of artist Karen Knutson's techniques to bring new life and inspiration to my paintings.  I feel like there is another inner artist in me begging to get out and explore.  This voice has been hollering at me for awhile so I better listen.  Where will this journey take me?  Will I be able to give myself permission for complete freedom before scurrying back to my comfort zone?  Will I ever be comfortable with abstract compositions?  Will my inner voice find peace?

The bird house is from one of my drawing classes and where I gave the students the option to add a bird.  One of the students added the bird in front of the birdhouse and it inspired me to create the design for this painting (my drawing had the bird on the fence behind the birdhouse).  So thanks Joan!  I'm always getting inspiration from other artists ideas.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

2 comments:

  1. I love your bird picture! The colors are great and make me think of mosaics. I think you may have tempted me to try color! Thanks for always being a great inspiration — I’m glad to have inspired you just a little bit. You’re a great teacher and I hope we’ll have class again together soon. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment Joan! Having students like you gives me incentive to continue teaching.

    ReplyDelete