Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Uncontained

 


Uncontained seems appropriate for my new mixed media piece.  There really are no limits when you work with mixed media however you still strive for good design and composition.  That's always been a problem for me working with abstracts so I decided to get help by taking a virtual workshop with Karen Knutson.  She has amazing design skills and I'm beginning to get an understanding or feel for abstracts.  They are super hard for me so it's challenging, I spend way more time creating abstracts than my representational pieces.  It may look like I just threw a bunch of stuff on a board and walked away but each collage piece and pen work was very intentional.  I've got three more pieces started it will be fun to see where they go, even if they fail I will have learned something and moved farther along.  Still working to loosen up!

This painting is 8x10 inches and a combination of watercolor, collage and pen.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©

No comments:

Post a Comment