Sunday, May 16, 2021

Butterfly Drawing

 


My drawing class worked on this butterfly drawing last week.  This was an exercise working on a gray toned paper with white colored pencil.  I decided it might be fun to add some violet and purple pencil along with the white which worked out well for this photo reference.  I like to include at least one drawing on toned paper with white pencil to get students to think outside the box.  Our last drawing will be a birdhouse on gray toned paper with white pencil.  I will be posting that drawing soon along with some student work.

Last week my paints came out due to receiving some beautiful and amazing sunflowers for Mother's Day from my daughter and her husband.  I had an entire bunch of sunflowers to work with, 15 to be exact.  It took me a couple of hours just to set up the still life.  If you have any hope of getting a good painting then you have to start with a good composition.  Anyway I'll be posting that painting soon.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment