Thursday, June 30, 2022

Treasured Things

 


Click Here For More Info: $150, 6x8 inches, Acrylic on 1/8" Ampersand Gessobord

My Mom brought me this really pretty paper weight from her trip to London years ago.  Mom has since passed so it's a treasured memory and it's sparkly glass paired nicely with the delicate peony.  And yes I treasure everyone of my peony blooms in fact so much so that it took years for me to even cut a bouquet.  

I've been spending this week drawing alpacas at a drawing camp.  Getting to know four beautiful boy alpacas who were recently sheared of fluffy coats.  At first I thought darn wish I could have drawn them with the fur but now I realize it's great seeing their bone structure which gets totally obscured by fur.  I may post some of my drawings later and may even do a painting.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©   

2 comments:

  1. I love how you can enlarge your paintings and see all your wonderful brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacque! I keep learning things.

      Delete