Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Subtle Inspirations

 


8x8 Inches, Acrylic on a linen panel

Turns out we had a vacation planned just as my peonies were blooming!  Fortunately I had just enough time to get this one painted before leaving so these are a couple of the first blooms, first blooms are always the largest.  The subtle tones and values of peonies are so hard for me to capture and I have to confess to almost ditching this painting half way through.  A few choice words were said, brushes almost thrown and thoughts of never painting again promised.  I took a break or two.  Funny thing happened when I stood back to look at the finished piece, not only did it come together somehow it's my favorite peony painting so far.  Maybe a little blood, sweat and threats help.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©

2 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful way of writing. Love these peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice comment, thank you Jacque!

    ReplyDelete