Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Sisters

 

Click Here For More Info:  5 1/2" x 7 1/2" (an extra 1/4" around for matting), mixed media (acrylic and marker) on watercolor paper

Still having fun with mixed media while planning some new fall and winter classes I will be teaching.  These are a real departure from my other work and I probably spend more time painting them but they are fun, freeing and challenging.  They are sort of like taking a vacation. 

I did some fun sketches a few years back that I'm rediscovering.  My hopes were to do something with these sketches and this medium seems to be perfect.  I've been inspired by artist Karen Knutson who in turn is inspired by Gustav Klimt.  Gustav painted incorporating a bunch of small shapes to create a whole and the patterns are so interesting.  If you do a google search for Gustav you'll recognize his work.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment