Saturday, April 17, 2021

Grandma Has Marbles

 


Click Here For More Info: $125, 6x8 inches, Acrylic on Ampersand Gessobord

This painting made me think up a little story:  A grandchild races in the house for a visit with grandma as parents follow behind.  The grandchild views a table and with eyes wide comments to the parents, "See grandma hasn't lost her marbles, they are right here!"  I'm a grandma and I still have all my marbles at the moment.  My mother suffered from dementia late in life and so did her mother.  Perhaps I will loose my marbles some day but at the moment they are right here.  It's also a reminder to enjoy each and every day. 

Last of my flower paintings for now, maybe some peonies as they bloom but that's a ways off.  This was a new experience for me to paint four similar paintings using mostly the same still life subject matter and rearranging it.  I note this because I did not get bored.  Thats a milestone! 

Enjoy your day!

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright 

No comments:

Post a Comment