Thursday, November 19, 2020

Bluewater Refuge

 


Click Here For More Information - 8x8 inches, acrylic on 1/8" Ampersand Gessobord

I keep looking for photo references that inspire me and I've been finding some fun ones on Pixabay.  The photographer did a great job capturing the light, plus it had an umbrella!  It was a challenge doing the water so Photoshop Elements helped break it down.  I had some trouble with values on this painting, not sure why but adjustments were made and it's better. 

My fall virtual drawing class wrapped up last week, a new one will start hopefully in January.  I love teaching, sometimes I think maybe that should have been my career choice and so thankful that Rumriver Art Center in Anoka gave me the opportunity.  In college I was young and full of dreams not making the best choices but I'm learning it's never to late plus I still get to paint!  Maybe there will be some future postings of my students drawings.

My acrylic paintings are protected by an acrylic satin varnish and I use professional acrylic paints: Winsor Newton, Liquitex and Utrecht.  The Ampersand gessobord's are 1/8" thickness, a museum series panel which are acid free, archival.  All my paintings are signed, dated with the paintings information on the back.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

 

No comments:

Post a Comment