Sunday, May 31, 2020

What Now?

Time to come up with some new painting ideas.  This is that in-between time where I'm working but not producing.  Because I'm still excited about painting on black gesso I prepared some of my Ampersand Gessobords with black gesso today.  The Ampersand Gessobords that I use are thin wood panels (1/8") with a museum quality surface prepared and ready for paint by the manufacturer, they are white.  So in the photos you see the bottle of black gesso I use and paint on the little panels.  After thats done its time to look for inspiration.  If I'm at a total loss, looking at other artist's work or interesting photos can recharge the batteries.  This is the hard part but I've been thinking about ideas using some of my old family photos and working them into a composition.





Something else I needed to work on for my upcoming live video drawing class has kept me busy.  I try planning a drawing that is not to difficult for beginners, usually one object.  I've just started doing these little one hour drawing classes through my art center, this is actually my second exercise.  I'm hoping to include more complicated compositions in the future....maybe.


Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment