Saturday, March 28, 2020

Our House Update #2

The last couple of days I've been hard at work mapping my composition, this process helps me visualize the painting and hopefully avoid any bad composition problems.  It's been fun using Photo Shop Elements to alter my personal photos that I have chosen for the project.  I can then enlarge or shrink to fit each space and paste up on my work surface (16x20 inch watercolor paper).  Remember the finished piece will be a painting not a collage, so the photo you see of the paste up will only be used for composition purposes.  Also I'm trying for a collage type affect not true proportions.


At this step I can still rearrange subject matter and come up with a pleasing composition.  Taking a photo of the project and seeing it in a smaller version makes problems pop.  At least I can avoid the big problems before I dedicate any time to painting.  I already see something to work on, so more changes ahead.


Ok made a few changes I think it's ready to go and since nothing has hollered to be changed this will be transferred to the surface.  I'm getting antsy to paint which for me is the fun part and things will continue to evolve as it progresses.  I've used old family photos for the people, my Mom is in the front, Dad is with the dog, then I added my husbands grandparents.  Oh there is a little photo of myself slipped into the big window during my braid years.

Stay safe, stay positive!
Deborah Ann Kirkeeide copyright

6 comments:

  1. Is anyone having trouble posting a comment?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying it. This looks awesome thus far! Cannot wait to see what transpires. Glad you are painting and looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People will have to comment through the Chrome browser, not Safari. I'm not sure if Explorer works.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jacque, yep can’t comment through Safari. Chrome is Google right?

      Delete
  3. One more test... The above comment was off my iPad with Chrome. Now I am on my desktop computer with Chrome.

    ReplyDelete