Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Recent Class Drawings

 



Working on some drawings for my virtual Rumriver Art Center drawing class coming up soon, Sept. 30th.  Wow it's almost here but I'm feeling ready and I have some cool reference photos: some mine, some pixabay.com and one borrowed with permission from a friend.  The blue heron above is my newest reference and the one borrowed from a friend.  Her husband sets out nature cameras to capture wildlife and somehow makes photos from videos.  There were geese on the right side but cropping them out made a much simpler and better composition for the class.  There are so many things you have to think about when looking for class reference materials; good contrast, simple yet interesting, and follows lesson plans.  Then time to experiment to see if the sketch will work in the class time frame.  Preparation is work!  But the kind I like.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide © 

No comments:

Post a Comment