Thursday, January 11, 2024

Spring Drawing Class

 


Getting ready for my virtual spring drawing class through Rumriver Art Center, Anoka MN which begins March 25th.  I like to include a toned paper drawing with two colored pencils.  Many of my students are afraid of color so this is a nice introduction.  This piece was drawn on card stock since I ran out of toned paper but it worked.  A trip to Dick Blick was necessary (Gee Darn), they have an amazing selection of single sheets and pads of toned paper in their stores and online.  Like a kid in a candy store I couldn't just settle on one and ended up spending around $20 just on paper.  Art supply stores are dangerous for me.

My classes include all drawing materials needed: sketch book, 3 graphite pencils, blending stump and two erasers plus a sheet of toned paper and two colored pencils.  And you get to draw from the comfort of your home.   We have chat times, share times and questions are always welcome.  We work from photo references emailed to each student.  No worries if you are out of state, Rumriver Art Center will mail the materials to you for a fee.

The class will probably be posted in February but here is a link.  Check out some of their other classes.  Also the link indicates these are Vitality Senior classes but anyone can register aged 12 or older.

https://rumriverart.com/classes/senior-classes/

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©

 My Daily Paintworks Gallery is temporarily closed!  I plan to open it again in the spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment