Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Summer's End

 


Colored pencil on blue toned paper, 8x10 inches.

I finally made it to the beach one last time before the summer weather ended, actually I made it twice.  The first time my goal was to capture people (via photos) on the beach and do some gesture drawings.  The second time school had started and no one was around so I worked on the background for this drawing.  Not using colored pencil very often this became a fun exercise for me.  

I'm planning and gearing up for teaching another virtual drawing class this winter which will begin in January 2023.  The theme will be travel, sailing away to beaches and warm places.  Since many of us aren't able to getaway during the long cold winters (if you live in a cold climate like me), I thought it would be fun to getaway by drawing and dreaming of those warm places.  We will go over all the fundamentals of drawing realistically while staying warm at home.  Socializing and questions are always welcome.  More on the class later through Rumriver Art Center Anoka MN.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©

No comments:

Post a Comment