Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Ladies Outing

 


This was a piece from my Exploring Color With Mixed Media class this past winter.  On this day we were exploring the versatile uses of acrylics using watered down acrylics for a watercolor affect.  The class took their 3 different watered down acrylics and poured them over the watercolor paper letting them run.  On my sample above I added collage and pencil, using my own figure stencil to create a thinner version of the figures.  I let the flow of colors show me where to go in creating the background.  This doesn't happen fast for me, I ponder the possibilities for days and even weeks.  It's important for students to see the process isn't always a fast one.

I will be posting some of my student work from this class soon.

Deborah Ann Kirkeeide ©

No comments:

Post a Comment