Sunday, September 6, 2020

Virtual Drawing Class


I will be teaching a virtual drawing class beginning September 21, 2020 through the Rumriver Art Center Anoka MN.  You can find more information and register on their website at https://rumriverart.com, then click on this link -  Vitality Arts Older Adults 8 Week Courses.  You don't have to be an older adult as long as you are 16 or older.  I've been teaching an hour long virtual drawing class a few times a month all summer.  It was so nerve racking when I started, let's just say it's a work in progress with the nerves.  There are plus and minuses with virtual classes, the plus side:  students can see your drawings step by step and follow along, safety from the virus, no driving in the cold and snow,  you can live anywhere and be included in the class, you can work in your PJ's and you don't even have to brush your teeth!  The down side for me is the social contact, walking around the class talking with students, seeing their work and giving individual tips and advise.  I'm working on the last part and will be encouraging students to email their drawings for advise and comments.  Also I just found out there are chat rooms, woah so many things to learn.  It will be a fun journey, I'm excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment