Monday, October 27, 2014

The Lord Is My Shepherd


Oil on gessobord, 8x8 inches, not for sale

After my Mom passed away we were going through her belongings and found three old Bibles.  The one in the painting is a gift from my Dad in 1960.  It was such a happy discovery even though the Bible was falling apart, marked and underlined throughout, it told a story of love on many different levels and I will always treasure it.  The Bible was also filled with cards, notes, letters and articles that gave Mom comfort and gives me a better idea of who this woman was.  I added the coffee cup and piece of chocolate in the upper right because they were two of her favorite treats.  When I look at this painting I feel as though Mom has been called away for just a moment and will return at any time.....and so she has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment