Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fun with acrylic under paintings!



I'm back painting again after being sick through December and then on vacation in California.  I'm excited to be experimenting with acrylics and getting better acquainted with them.  In the two sketches above I've used High Flow Acrylics by Golden to create under paintings.  The colors from the High Flow Acrylics are so vibrant and gorgeous.  I have no idea where I'm going with these but that's half the fun.  In the top sketch I just wanted to identify where the lights and darks were to create structure.  Now that I've laid the foundation I'm ready to get going.  Layering is part of the beauty of acrylics and a totally different approach compared to the Alla Prima oil painting technique I love.  I'm not sure how I will like the finished work with these under paintings but I will keep you posted on the results.  Oh I'm also experimenting with linen panels for my paint surface and so far so good.

(c) Deborah A. Kirkeeide


No comments:

Post a Comment